GSA is an international course for change seekers. Here, the Elos Philosophy and the Oasis Game act as the guidelines to transform people and relations in any social context. Real communities welcome our GSA participants every year, and the outcoming shared knowledge is the foundation for igniting positive change and building true collective dreams.
In 2020, the program will take place in South Africa. Subscribe here to know further details.
“Instituto Elos is doing work that is very important for our times. This program prepares leaders who are going to accelerate and deepen the change that is taking place on Earth.” LYNNE TWIST
“I came to know Warriors Without Weapons, a program for youth that restores degregated areas, always with the involvement of the community. Because the most important thing is to transform the community.” FRITJOF CAPRA
Young people open to learning, who are in search of driving their purpose. People who seek meaning, and who have decided to be at the service of a greater good, leading real world transformation.
The program is held in English and Portuguese at the same time.
Throughout your life you have created your values and belief systems. They are fundamental. However, we ask that you open yourself to experiment something different, other modes, other techniques, other food, other experiences, other dynamics. For us, a disposition and interest to live something new is foundational to the learning process. This is a curse with 560 hours of training in total (340 presencial and 220 remote.)
Since 1999 WWW has been offering a profound experience of transformation with various stages of learning using a methodology that facilitates work in community.
In this journey you are going to develop the capacity to design strategies, facilitate processes, make things happen, mobilize people and resources, and cultivate a change-making spirit along three different axes:
ACTION AND BALANCE – Act outside your comfort zone, use emotional intelligence;
SELF-LEARNING – Learn to learn;
CONFIDENCE – find solutions on your own, self-assuredness to move forward
INTELLIGENCE AND COLLECTIVE POWER – Valorize intelligence and the act of doing together, the belief that together we are more powerful;
LEARN WITH THE OTHER – Affective support, looking at things from different angles;
INTERDEPENDENCE – Experiences in nature, a sense of global community;
THE LOCAL IS GLOBAL – Articulation of global networks, management of projects starting with local talents and resources;
YOUR LARGER COMMUNITY – Connection with nature, the community of life;
MAKE THE WORLD WE ARE DREAMING OF HAPPEN RIGHT NOW – Learn by doing together, dream and build the best world possible in community;
Every day, in each moment, from the moment you wake up, eat, and participate in collective activities, the learning methods incorporated, your experience, everything, is thought out in order to make your journey spectacular.
Over the course of our history we have learned that doing things together is best. If for our part we commit to bringing together resources to subsidize a portion of the cost for each participant, we invite those selected to make their journey viable through individually and collectively gathering the other 50%.
– Access to the exclusive platform with the online games developed by Elos Institute. There, you will find videos, articles, publications, activities, case studies and other tools to develop your abilities and skills.
– It’s 220 hours of online learning, including 7 study guides; 5 community practice meetings and 6 collective challenges.
– All online activities are accompanied by qualified professionals. Students are mentored during the entire process and feedbacks are given periodically.
– You will become parte of a global learning community, present in over 50 countries.
– 32 days of Immersion in Santos – SP (Brazil), guided by a qualified team who will lead the participants through 320 hours of face to face learning in real communities.
– Includes all material, professionals, speakers, facilitators and other special guests
– During this period, there are 14 expeditions for three groups to visit and work with three different communities, facilitated by 9 professionals.
– Also includes all the necessary structure for 5 small trips to experience indigenous practices, 3 special classes with several invited speakers, 2 major events provided by Elos and a few more surprises!
– Accommodation of the participants and the entire team of professionals involved in the program for 32 days in Santos, in a collective living space with structure to accommodate all community activities.
– All food during the 32 days of immersion (3 meals a day, coffee breaks etc) prepared by a team of 6 people for the whole team;
– All land transport to carry out the activities during the Immersion period.
– All audio and visual structure for classes, lectures and events;
– Production, management and logistics of 2 major meetings / events during the Immersion period, including transportation and food for all necessary staff and community participants;
– Professionals and transport needed for the entire community selection process before Immersion, when communities will be elected and prepared to receive the Warriors Without Weapons;
– Follow-up of the three communities after the program, with meetings and mentoring for the projects developed during the Immersion;
– First aid service during some expeditions.
*the services noted below pertain only to the immersion phase of the program in July 2018*
– Vista and/or passport costs;
– Transportation between the airport/bus station and our collective living space;
TO GUARANTEE THE CULTURAL AND SOCIAL DIVERSITY THAT IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE WARRIORS WITHOUT WEAPONS EXPERIENCE, WE STRIVE TO OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS TO PEOPLE WITH HIGH POTENTIAL, WHO LIVE IN CONTEXTS WITH LIMITED FINANCIAL RESOURCES, AND FOR WHOM IT IS PARTICULARLY DIFFICULT TO PAY THE FULL COST OF THE PROGRAM. IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN WE SEEK SUPPORT, SPONSORSHIP, AND PARTNERSHIPS WITH ORGANIZATIONS IN ADDITION TO DONATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS. THE RESULT OF THESE COMBINED FORCES IS THE GSA SCHOLARSHIP FUND.
Because this is an immersion with various levels, we want to unite people who are committed to personal transformation, take care of others, and dedicate special attention and respect for the communities we work in, their culture, their religion and their way of life. Are you prepared?
No. GSA is a course with 4 modules. Community work is merely a strategy for participants to learn by doing, and actually applying the Elos Philosophy - guided by a team of very experienced facilitators.
There are 320 hours of training over a month's period of Immersion, and also 220 hours of distance learning (e-learning) through our exclusive platform.
The program is a year long and has a similar workload to a university graduate course, providing certification in a globally recognized methodology.
There is a complex multi disciplinary team that will work with you though a unique pedagogical content. This content, plus the logistics of the program, generates a cost of R$ 21,000 per participant, of which Elos Institute subsidies R$ 7,000, so requesting that each participant invest the remaining R $ 14,000 (see the detail of this amount in the section “INVESTMENT”).. Course financing and scholarships are made possible through a large fundraising effort that Instituto Elos undertakes on behalf of each participant. There is no recurring sponsor or funding organisation associated with the Warriors Without Weapons.
With mentoring and lessons that will guide you through our program module called Abundance Game, we will assist you in raising all the funds you will need for your participation. We are proud to have a high rate of Warriors who do not need to shell out their own reserves to join us, and we are available to discuss this further after your pre-registration.
In addition, it is possible to apply for scholarships ranging from 10% to 90% of the program value. These scholarships are awarded based on economic information presented by you, and analysed through criteria established by the Elos Institute. The scholarships, when awarded, do not cover travel expenses to the city where the program takes place.
Yes, at GSA you can receive scholarships ranging from 10% to 90% of the program value. However, we make it clear that these scholarships are awarded based on economic information presented by you, and analysed through criteria established by the Elos Institute. The scholarships, when awarded, do not cover travel expenses to the city where the program takes place.
We have no religious content, but we have indigenous practices that are held during the course and may contain chants, traditional dances, and gatherings around the fire. At the beginning of the day and in various activities, there are circular dances that present subjective educational content, and assists in building a culture of social interactions, social peace and self criticism.
You absolutely do not need to give up on any values or beliefs to take part in GSA. But you do need to accept participating in program activities that will envolve circular dancing, indigenous games, bonfire rituals and open-heart sharing sessions. If any of these activities make you uncomfortable, religiously or otherwise, GSA might not be the right program for you. We can discuss this further after your registration if you wish so.
The Yes Path is the first module of the program, and a self-development course of activities, though which we select the participants.
There are 5 tasks distributed over three weeks of activities, during which you will be challenged to come out of your comfort zone.
The program is divided into 4 modules: Yes Path, Abundance Game, Immersion, and Expansion Path. Immersion is the only module with in-person activities, where you will be accommodated along with all the other participants and work in a real life community, taking action to build real common dreams with local people. The other 3 modules all take place online through our exclusive e-learning platform to which you will receive access once you enroll.
In 2020, the Immersion will take place in South Africa.
The dates for 2020 are still to be defined, although the program will definitely happen during the second semester. Sign up to know when final dates are set.